Tuesday, February 22, 2005

loose bind-off!

I (finally) finished my sweater! Very exciting, very warm, not entirely flattering, but quite wearable... I will post pictures tomorrow! I did learn a very valuable lesson in the finishing though: the magic of the loose bind-off... as the bind-off edge has less stretch than a regular knit row, this comes in handy for neck edging and waist seams:

loose bind-off works like this: knit your two stitches, and slip the first over the second, as with normal bind-off. Then, slip the single stitch back to your other needle: you will knit it again, and then knit a second stitch, slipping the first over the second as before. You can alternate regular bind-off with this loose bind-off (every other stitch or so), or do it ever stitch for extra stretch!

supercool!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip! :) Helped to loosen my scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK you!!! I have been struggling w/this cast off for some time! You made it perfectly clear !! Thanks again !!

    ReplyDelete