Wednesday, February 2, 2005

crotchet my heart

http://www.thekitchen.org/k04_lectures.html

Actually, it's "Crotcheting the Hyperbolic Plane". I think this piece is gorgeous, swirling and twirling. Where are these lectures in Boston? I was homesick for NYC and did my visit this last weekend and picked up the 88 sparkly blue camry wagon activity-mobile.

Walking over the Manhattan bridge to Brooklyn from the Chinatown bus town was the highlight of my trip. Lot's of ice chunks filled the river and the steamers pushed through them. The lowlight was witnessing a disintegration of my girlfriend circle. I have a list there called NYStudettes through which I connected a bunch of cool, independent minded gals. We hung out a lot and had a loose circle connected through activity postings to the yahoogroup. I went back for brunch and coffee shop hang-out in DUMBO and saw the distance between them and between myself and some of them.
That's the way the cookie crumbles.

On Sunday, I did a dumpling/dessert run through Chinatown-Lower East Side with good friend Page. Eldrige dumpling house to Il Laboratorio del Gelato, where I saw Jon Snyder, the entrepreneur extraordinaire was working away in the back. He started Ciao Bella when he was 19 and sold it, and now it's one of the most prosperous loveliest dessert companies. He's off doing another indie project. I feel like I have to meet this fellow and get inspired! He's a cutie too.

http://www.laboratoriodelgelato.com/press.php

2 comments: