Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Deutschkurs Dokument

This week I started finally using the video camera I got for my last birthday. I am filming a documentary about my German class. I just film stuff during breaks. We get two 20-minute breaks per class.

Making documentary movies has been a big fantasy of mine for a long time, so I'm both excited and nervous about really doing it. Starting a project is the second-hardest part, though, so I'm over that hump.

The movie is going to concentrate on the students in the class, not the organization that runs the school, not the teacher, not the space we're in. I'm not sure exactly what the film will be about in the grand sense, but I'm trying to set up a few constraints for myself to make the task less daunting and more focussed.

I think it will be cool to learn more about all the people at the same time as the people learn more and more German to talk about themselves. I'm potentially in the class for seven more months.



1 comment: