Friday, October 28, 2005

Progress

cable baby progress.jpg

The baby Poncho is coming along nicely. This is the first head hole I've ever made. I screwed up a little bit on it, but no one will be able to tell by looking.

I've left a few mistakes in, which I don't think will be very, very noticeable. I've had to unravel so many times on this project that at some point I just decided to let some small errors slide. That's part of the handmade charm, after all.

It's been very interesting learning to read the cable chart. I'm going to do a scarf for myself with cables of my own invention. There is an excellent article in knitty about designing cable trees.

I've gone from reading the chart to reading the knitting. I'm now almost to the point of being bored by the repetition, since the difficulty has vanished.

No comments:

Post a Comment