Monday, March 21, 2005

Brunch Report

Four men learned a bit of knitting on Sunday: Aaron of the fast hands, quick-study Brian, slightly tipsy Mr. Wild, and Reluctant Erik.

ManlyArt.jpg

I found this very well-maintained man-knitter weblog this morning. When Knitting Was a Manly Art:

"Another wet and cold day on Pumpkin Ridge. A young friend showed up at 9am this morning to help me clean out a much ignored horse barn. Luckily the John Deere 420 was up to the task and three hours later we got the barn done. Both with aching backs and cold bodies.

Restarted the Moebius this morning...The Moebius is a bit too feminine for me, but I'm really tempted to buy some more Qiviut for a nice scarf for myself. I will continue on the Moebius for now. I've got two washcloths already finished and the Zigzag is close enough that I should be able to finish it with occasional evenings working at it. The slip stitch cloth is really close to being ripped out. I dislike the yarn, I dislike the patterrn and I'm thinking it's not worth the effort."

One of the best things about Sunday was all the food. Heres the muffin recipe I use. I just put in whatever fruit I want, and I vary the amount of sugar on whim.

Justine, how about that broccoli salad recipe, and fruit pizza recipe.

Eventually we will need to have a Teach a Man to Purl Party. And a Casting-On Cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment