Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Just Set up a Ravelry Store

I just spent the past half an hour setting up a store on Ravelry, to experiment with selling patterns there. Most of my patterns are free, but I thought it would be interesting to see how it would go putting my latest hat design out there for two clams.

The new design is called the Walker. It's a felted, peaked cap. The peak doesn't require any cardboard or plastic inside, and the shaping is pretty simple. I felted mine by tossing it in the towel load and washing it hot, then wearing it until it was dry.

Here are a couple pictures. There are more on Ravelry.







The store setting-up process on Ravelry was not as hard as I thought it was going to be. They have some weird user interface things on there, especially that the save button for adding a pattern to your store is hidden toward the top left of the page instead of down at the bottom, under the pdf upload section, as you'd expect it to be. Generally, though, it's not too hairy.

Can't wait to see if anyone will shell out for the pattern now!

No comments:

Post a Comment