Monday, January 21, 2008

Hot Water Bottle Cozy

Something recently possessed me to want to make a series of hot water bottle cozies. A desire for comfort? Some kind of nostalgia? I'm not sure. But I went ahead and bought five hot water bottles and this is my first one. It is meant to be a present for someone, but I think it's safe to put it out here. I think I know both the people who are reading this blog at all and it's not meant for either of them.


Hot water bottle cozy


The yarn is Manos del Uruguay kettle dyed wool color 101 and it only took one skein. I found this cable pattern in my new Vogue Stitionary Volume 2. It's called a "drunken cable." I've done drunken cables before, late at night, but they never looked as orderly as this one does.


drunken cable


I tried this one out last night and it is pretty nice to have, but the brand new hot water bottles have a kind of unpleasant odor. I am hoping they will finish offgassing before I have to give them as presents.



3 comments:

  1. great stuff! glad to know you are still knitting. i like your ideas still. h

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a boyfriend, you don't need a hot-water bottle (usually)

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's something devilish about this post
    1. you see this nice thing
    2. you read it's going to be a present, interesting!
    3. you read that if you're reading this, it's not for you
    4. noooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete