Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Flared Legwarmers

although I am not a fan of the multicolored version here, I am working on a pair of flared legwarmers to wear under skirts as the weather turns chilly...

I am not going to rib at the bottom, but I am going to make a ribbing (almost garter-ish) at the top. Does this need to be particularly tight, or am I safe making a pretty standard/straight cyclindrical knit thing which will reveal itself as a legwarmer?

(I will be purchasing a digi-cam for my trip to barcelona! and then I can accompany my posts with some pictures!)

1 comment:

  1. That is an exceptionally bad photo for Knitty.
    As for the leg warmer tops, you can make a double-size ribbing and fold it over with a piece of elastic inside. You can also purchase elastic thread which you knit into the ribbing. Finally, another good trick is to knit the ribbing with needles two sizes smaller than the rest of the legwarmer.
    A lot depends on the tensile strenght of the yarn, donut?

    ReplyDelete